Service Technician - Sabine River Ford
Service Technician – Orange, Texas
We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. To be a success at our dealership, you need to have solid skills and solid ethics. We also know that to keep a good service tech, a dealership has to treat them right by paying them well and offering room for learning and advancement. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business and make great money while doing it. If you love diagnosing and repairing vehicles while maintaining a positive attitude, then let’s talk!
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver's License & State Inspection License
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance (Company pays 50% of employee)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- New Vehicle Discounts
- Service Discounts
About Our Dealership
Sabine River Ford and Volkswagen of Lake Charles are proudly owned by Mr. Ross Smith.
Mr. Smith is the chairman and president of Akrotex, Inc., Sabine River Ford, Volkswagen of Lake Charles and Nexus Resin Group, LLC. He is a graduate of Little Cypress High School and attended Lamar University and the University of Houston.
A native of Orange County, Smith is married to Eva, and has three children and six grandchildren. He is a Board Member of the Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce, the Salvation Army of Orange, the Boys and Girls Club of Orange, Boys Scouts of America - Three Rivers Council, Lamar State College Foundation's Board, St. Henry's Catholic Church, Lutcher Theater, and the Southeast Texas Foundation Board. Smith was the recipient of the "2000 Community Builder Award" from Masonic Lodge 126, and also was named the "2004 Small Business Person of the Year" and "2010 Citizen of the Year" by the Greater Orange Chamber of Commerce.