Quick Lube Tech - Sabine River Ford
Quick Lube Tech – Sabine River Ford
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as quick lube techs. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As a quick lube tech, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Perform tire rotations
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Top off all fluids
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- New Vehicle Discounts
- Service Discounts
About Our Dealership
Sabine River Ford and Volkswagen of Lake Charles are proudly owned by Mr. Ross Smith.
Mr. Smith is the chairman and president of Akrotex, Inc., Sabine River Ford, Volkswagen of Lake Charles and Nexus Resin Group, LLC. He is a graduate of Little Cypress High School and attended Lamar University and the University of Houston.
A native of Orange County, Smith is married to Eva, and has three children and six grandchildren. He is a Board Member of the Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce, the Salvation Army of Orange, the Boys and Girls Club of Orange, Boys Scouts of America - Three Rivers Council, Lamar State College Foundation's Board, St. Henry's Catholic Church, Lutcher Theater, and the Southeast Texas Foundation Board. Smith was the recipient of the "2000 Community Builder Award" from Masonic Lodge 126, and also was named the "2004 Small Business Person of the Year" and "2010 Citizen of the Year" by the Greater Orange Chamber of Commerce.