Posted On: November 04, 2019
Last Day to Apply: November 15, 2019
Collision Center/Service Porter
The Collision Center/Service Porter is responsible for performing a variety of duties as they relate to the operation of a collision center and/or service department. This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Collision Manager, Service Associates, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
- Pick up from and deliver customers to desired locations
- Pick up and deliver vehicles to sublet vendors and customers as directed
- Move vehicles from intake area to storage area
- Move vehicles inside and outside of collision center to help achieve production standards
- Maintain a neat and orderly production and paint areas by sweeping, removal of trash and discarded parts as well as other actions required to maintain the appearance of the production and paint areas
- Maintain other areas of the collision center such as the offices, storage areas and around the outside of the collision center
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Save and tag all warranty parts for storage
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to be a team member are essential to this position.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Operator Driver's License (must be insurable and ability to drive a standard transmission).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- New Vehicle Discounts
- Service Discounts
About Our Dealership
Sabine River Ford and Volkswagen of Lake Charles are proudly owned by Mr. Ross Smith.
Mr. Smith is the chairman and president of Akrotex, Inc., Sabine River Ford, Volkswagen of Lake Charles and Nexus Resin Group, LLC. He is a graduate of Little Cypress High School and attended Lamar University and the University of Houston.
A native of Orange County, Smith is married to Eva, and has three children and six grandchildren. He is a Board Member of the Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce, the Salvation Army of Orange, the Boys and Girls Club of Orange, Boys Scouts of America - Three Rivers Council, Lamar State College Foundation's Board, St. Henry's Catholic Church, Lutcher Theater, and the Southeast Texas Foundation Board. Smith was the recipient of the "2000 Community Builder Award" from Masonic Lodge 126, and also was named the "2004 Small Business Person of the Year" and "2010 Citizen of the Year" by the Greater Orange Chamber of Commerce.